Wednesday 9 October 2013

Nightwish confirm Floor Jansen and Troy Donockley in new lineup

Finnish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH have confirmed that vocalist FLOOR JANSEN is now a permanent fixture of the band. In addition to this, pipist TROY DONOCKLEY who has worked on the last two albums is also now an official member of the group.

The current official lineup, including Floor and Troy.


Floor Jansen was thrilled with the news that the other members want to keep her for good, saying: ""Words cannot describe what I feel! This union is beyond everything and I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to continue this amazing journey with my new brothers! Once I had a dream…and this is it!!!"

Troy Donockley said: "'Imaginaerum World Tour´was a revelation to me and in that time, I became aware of a growing unity and then, finally, a transcendence of all the usual nonsense that affects bands. A beautiful process. And since the idea, the musical dream that is NIGHTWISH has been a part of me since before I was born, I am delighted to officially sail into uncharted waters with my brothers and sister. Wondrous scenes Ahoy!"

"This is who we are now." An early hint to the coming announcement, posted 5.10.12
An official photo of the group including the new members was posted in October last year. The caption read: "This is who we are now." This sparked speculation from fans that Floor and Troy would become full members of Nightwish. It seems as though the band has had this in the pipeline since then, and have only decided to make it official now.

A new DVD entitled "Showtime, Storytime" featuring the full new lineup performing at Wacken 2013 and an accompanying documentary is set for release on 29th November.


Despite former vocalist Anette Olzon taking part in the first part of the tour, these scenes have had to be cut as she refuses to appear on the release.