Friday 13 February 2015

13 Gothic Lovesongs For Valentine's Day

Goth is characterised by its dark romantic sensuality, so it's not surprising that in its musical form it offers no shortage of lovesongs - however tragic some of them may be. It's not all lost love, bleeding hearts and lovers torn apart, though. Here are 13 of the best tracks for a deep, dark and passionate Valentine's Day.



13. The Cure - Lovesong


"However far away
I will always love you"


12.  Clan of Xymox - A Day



"I think you're the most important
To me, to me"


11. Emilie Autumn - Juliet


"No one but you could ever fill my night
Be the sunlight in my every day"


10. Type O Negative - Love You To Death


"I beg to serve, your wish is my law,
Now close those eyes and let me love you to death."


9. For My Pain... - Dancer In The Dark


"This loneliness is killing me
Is there a place we both can live?"



8. My Dying Bride - For You


"Cover me with you, over me, under you
Pull me in to you as one we lay entwined"


7. Ikon - Black Roses



"And in my dying hour
She gives me black roses"


6. London After Midnight - Sacrifice


"I could never put in to words,
What it is you mean to me..."


5. Fields of the Nephilim - Love Under Will



"Lay down lay down lay down for me
Lay down lay down lay down with me"


4. The Sisters of Mercy - Some Kind of Stranger


"I think you're beautiful beautiful
Some kind of angel come inside"

3. Tristania - Angellore


"Rise for me, soothe my heart
So wide a sea, may I overcome"

2. Theatres Des Vampires - Moonlight Waltz


"Take my life, til' the end of our time
Take my hands, 'til the sun begins to shine"

1. Nightwish - Ever Dream



"Give in, give in for my touch
For my taste for my lust"